Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Group Evals

So I typed out a paragraph for each group, and then somehow hit the wrong button and everything disappeared, so unfortunately retyping means they won't be as long.

The first group: I liked their use of DLT and concrete examples. They even had a PowerPoint and pictures to show us more examples and details. They allowed us to eat some of the food on our tables which was nice, and I liked their presentation. I don't have written down in my notes what the purpose of it was really, could have just missed it, or it could have been to teach us about the food groups. Anyway, overall I think they did a good job!

The second group: Everyone got riddles and were told to think of words that sounded the same but were spelled differently. It was cool to see how many words we would come up with like that, and some of the riddles were silly so that was nice to not have such a structured environment. I think they did a good job at keeping everyone entertained and involved.

The third group: This group read us a story and I really liked it. It was a story about a princess, prince, and a dragon. I had never read it before, and like that it wasn't the typical happy ending Disney book. They also talked about respect with us, and examples of disrespect in the story. I thought that if they were really doing the lesson with 3rd graders like we were pretending to be then they would have hopefully gotten their lesson of respect across. Great job!

The fourth group: This group had us sing the alphabet and play a game. The game had us up and moving which was nice and we got to work together in teams, so that was fun. On of the girls said that she had used this game with young kids, and I thought that was a great idea. If the game could keep college students involved, then I'm sure it would work with young kids who were learning their letters. This was my favorite group, because I thought that all of us could apply that same game to our classrooms either in that format or another that fit our subject area.

Overall, it was nice to have a more relaxed day in class, and I think everyone did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment